Thursday, September 13, 2007

White Cheese Enchiladas


These were really good and definitely a different Mexican dish for me to prepare. The book I go it out of had this meal under the “make ahead meal” section. So I made two batches at once, and Joel & I ate one batch now, while my family got to have the other batch later when they visited. The first time we ate it, Joel & I really enjoyed them. The tortillas were soft, but not soggy. I was expecting them to be crispy, but they weren’t. And the inside was a white cheese, which tasted pretty good. I hadn’t tasted an enchilada like it, so I think we enjoyed it.

However, the batch my family got wasn’t as good because as it defrosted and then cooked in the oven, it got all soggy from the ice that melted. This basically ruined it. We still ate them all, but the family wasn’t as impressed with it. So I would recommend to eat these once prepared, rather than to freeze them. And if you do freeze ahead, then find a way to remove the ice first before it turns into water and sogs the tortillas.

No comments: