Monday, September 17, 2007

Honey Almond Cupcakes


These cupcakes were truly a success. I was in the mood to make an almond flavored cupcake, but I couldn’t find a recipe for one online (just recipes for almond flavored icing). I wanted a light and fluffy cupcake, so I found a recipe for a light white cupcake, and then I added some chopped almonds with some almond extract. I also drizzled in some honey to the mix because it is said to make the cupcake moist. They were so delicious. Had a distinct almond flavor and were very light and moist. It was just what I wanted. Then I topped it off with a buttercream icing. I did add a little almond extract and honey to the icing, but not much because I wanted it to match, not overpower. I will definitely make these again!


The mix!

The icing - so yummy!
Fresh out of the oven!
I used my new icing decorator tool and some of them turned out great!

They cupcakes go great with milk!

You can see the bits of almond on the inside.


1 comment:

T,L&T said...

Those cupcakes look and sound really good! I can see you have been playing around with the icing gear, but I suggest a couple of hours at Aunt Cap's house! We really do need to get her to pass along some of her secrets...especially her chocolate cake recipe!