Friday, September 14, 2007

Cheese Quesadillas With Refried Bean Mixture


It seems that every time I try to make quesadillas, I get carried away and make them really full. This in turn makes a big mess when I need to flip it over to cook on the other side. I have found some ways of making this process easier, but the easiest of all is to take all the things I like to put inside the quesadilla, and put it in the beans that go on the side. This new way is so simple: only cheese inside the tortilla, no mess, easy to flip, and a bowl of refried beans, olives, onions, garlic, green pepper, salsa and tomatoes on the side. Then with every bite you take, you just scoop it into the bean mixture. I thought this was ingenious. Joel & my mom seem to think otherwise. So for those of you who prefer to have the quesadilla the normal way, then go ahead and deal with the mess or create some technique that takes energy and skill. Whereas I will enjoy the simplicity of throwing it all together in one bowl! (I am sensing a likeness to my dad here!)

No comments: