Monday, October 8, 2007

Maple, Honey & Almond Chicken



I almost really enjoyed this one! I have now discovered the two reasons for why I have had such a problem with my chicken being too hard and not tasting as good as in restaurants and other places. The first reason is that I am buying the cheapest chicken you can find, which is also the Wal-Mart brand and its just not good chicken. I discovered that when Joel suggested it and I bought some fresh chicken (tastes so much better!) The second reason is that I just discovered this method of brining, where I simply soak the chicken for 6 hours in water with some salt and brown sugar. By brining the chicken, it is so tender and yummy! I discovered these two methods after this recipe though, hence the reason why this wasn’t a huge success with Joel and me. However, the recipe itself is good, because the flavors were great!! It was really yummy to have the sweet flavors of maple and honey on the chicken, and the crunch of the almonds were great! The almonds almost tasted like candy since they were coated with the maple and honey as well. I will be making this recipe again with good, brined chicken in the future!

No comments: