Wednesday, October 10, 2007

BBQ Pizza


Just over the weekend, I got to make the BBQ pizza for Tori. She loved it! My family loved it too! The "secret ingredients" all come from Cousins BBQ, a local family owned (but growing) BBQ restaurant. I used their chicken & sauce, and I am sure it wouldn't be quite the same without those ingredients. Its a pretty simple pizza with BBQ sauce, BBQ chicken breasts cut up, cheese and some white onions on top. If this pizza were for me & Joel we would have put more onions on it, but I tried to please the family. Also, it might have been nice to have red onions, but the white ones were good too.

Oh yeah, one more thing about this pizza, I made the crust a little different. When mixing the crust mix with water, I added too much water and made it sticky. So I added flour to it and it turned out to be the most flexible dough I have made. It formed a more raised round crust, more like what you get when you order a pizza. You can kind of see this from the photo. I will have to do this method next time I make a pizza because usually the crusts are kind of crackly at the ends, and not round and raised.

No comments: