Monday, October 8, 2007

Impress the In-laws Chicken




This chicken I might end up calling something else that is more descriptive of something in it, like Apricot chicken or Italian Dressing Chicken. I don’t know, but that is beside the point. A woman from my mom’s church gave Joel & me this recipe and the ingredients for it as a wedding gift. I am not even sure if she knew that I loved cooking. But it was a wonderful gift. We loved it and ate this meals 5 times in a row – not exaggerating! It was very simple. You just get some chicken, and place a glob of apricot preserves on top of each and then sprinkle this powdered onion soup packet on top and then cover everything with Italian dressing. It takes me about 5 seconds to prepare it, and then you just throw it in the over! So easy! And so yummy!! We will definitely make this one often.

1 comment:

Lenail said...

Hmm...this sounds very interesting. I want to talk to you about the ham of Christmas ham sometime, because mom and I were talking about what we were going to eat at grandmas. Maybe you could give some good ideas. This looks good though! I have no idea what apricot chicken would taste like. I now realize that the reason I didn't comment on your food blog is because I get hungry and just start daydreaming about what this stuff tastes like. I haven't been cooking a lot at all this year because of work and school. Please cook for me when I visit!!! I would like to try these strange new concoctions of yours.