Monday, February 18, 2008

Galligaskins Sandwich

There is a restaurant in Fort Worth called Galligaskin’s and I really like their turkey sandwich particularly because I like the mixed tomatoes and onion garnish that they put on top. So Joel & I went there just to see how they make the sandwich and we figured it out! (mostly) I was missing the ingredient: pepperoccinis. Luckily Joel knew about them, so he recognized them easily. This sandwich is fresh and very easy to make. You just take a tomato, onion and some pepperoccinis (those are pickled peppers) and you cut them into small square shapes then put them together in a bowl. Then get an Italian sub roll, put turkey, cheese and lettuce on it, then add the fresh mixture. At the restaurant they have some dressing, it must be oil and vinegar or something. I haven’t figured that out yet, so I have been going without dressing so far. But Joel and I love the sandwiches!

I also decided to cut it all up and make it this way too.

And this is a salad I call Galligaskin’s sandwich because I put the tomatoes, onions and pepperoccinis in the salad, with romaine lettuce, collard greens and spinach and sprinkles it with sunflower seeds.

1 comment:

Lenail said...

Not really my taste with the onions and pepperchinis, but I have had them before. It's cool that your figuring out how to make their food though :)