Monday, May 26, 2008

Fake Pepperoni Pizza


I finally have been in the mood for pizzas again. I was making many pizzas before I got pregnant, and then I lost all interest in pizzas until just this month (the third trimester). I have been trying to get more complex carbohydrates, so for the crust, I took the Walmart pizza crust mix and added ground flax seeds, wheat germ and vital wheat gluten. That gave it some extra nutrients, and it didn't make it taste bad or anything. I like it this way rather than using whole wheat flour since the crust is always hard when I do that.



The toppings were: fake pepperonis (made of soy I think), roma tomatoes, white onion, cheese of course and some basil for seasoning. Oh, and I usually use Prego spaghetti sauce as the sauce, but this time we tried Bertroli's marinara sauce and wow it was good!! The pizza overall was amazing.

No comments: