Monday, April 21, 2008

Chicken Salad Sandwich


I really enjoy Chicken Salad Sandwiches because I love the crisp, fresh flavor of the onions and the celery and the red grapes are especially my favorite. I usually made the sandwich like this: chop celery, chop onions, mix with cream cheese and canned chicken, then stir in red grapes. Joel & I have always liked it that way.


Although recently, I tried out making it a new way, since I know that some people put mustard or mayonnaise in theirs. I also happened to be out of red grapes this time, which is disappointing because they are such a great part of the sandwich, but it tasted really good regardless. So the way I made it yesterday is basically, to take the same ingredients (celery, white onion, caned chicken and cream cheese, but no grapes this time, although I would have if I had some) and to add a little bit of honey mustard (like 2 tablespoons) and 1/4 cup miracle whip. We really liked this because unlike the previous one that I usually make, it was creamier and easier to spread. Also, I really liked the flavor that the honey mustard added to it. I would like to make this meal for lunch about once a week as well! (oh, and I usually serve it on toasted wheat bread)

1 comment:

T,L&T said...

Tori and I had chicken salad for lunch made with onions, garlic, sour cream and mayo.
Mom