Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Black Bean Patties


I definitely like beans! There are so many of them and so many things you can do with them. I certainly don’t make enough meals with them. If I were to meet my ideal, I would have about half my meals per week made with meat and the other with beans for the protein. It would be cheaper and very tasty!

As for this meal, I made the patties too fat and I also need to fix them in some way by adding something to make them stick together a little better because two of them fell apart while cooking. I also should have had hamburger buns rather than regular bread. However, they did taste good and I will want to make them again in the future!

Black Bean Patties Recipe

½ onion, finely chopped

1 can black beans

½ cup flour

2 slices of bread, crumbled

2 clothes garlic, minced

Spices (salt, pepper)

Sauté onions till translucent, adding garlic about a minute before done.

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, including sautéed garlic and onions.

Form into a thin patty with your hand.

Cook in oil till hot.

Serve immediately as burger or sandwich.

No comments: