Saturday, November 3, 2007

Basil Pesto Pasta


The first time I had pesto was when I was eating at UNO’s (a pizza restaurant) and we ordered a pesto pizza. I don’t think any of us liked it. So I thought I didn’t like pesto. Then Joel ate pesto pasta at my aunt’s restaurant and it was really good! We all loved it. So then I thought about it. What is in pesto? Its basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil, all things that I really like, so how could I not like it? I’m not sure what went wrong with the pesto at UNO’s, but I was up for making it myself.

I had some slight troubles with my tools, since I didn’t have a food processor, I tried using a blender, which doesn’t work as well. So this was a much chunkier pesto than it should have been. But overall it was amazing. I loved the strong taste of garlic and basil! I loved the pasta!

No comments: